Wephota 6,5x9 cm Sheet Film
Neil Purling
2014-06-22 04:15:17 UTC
It is my understanding that the people you named bought master rolls of
film when VEB Filmfabrik Wolfen closed after re-unification.
The film could be ORWO NP22 that has been deep-frozen. Look at the
process time for D76, is it rather longer than for FP4?
They might have bought stock elsewhere, but they were selling old ORWO
stock when I last heard of them.
CarlosMFreaza
2014-06-22 10:36:29 UTC
Yes Neil, I think you are right, Banse & Grohmann are two Wernigerode
GmbH former employees, this company had to do with film and
photographic paper, they closed after re-unification. Banse&Grohmann
company was founded in 1992 and "Wephota" was introduced as trademark
in 1997 for film products, the company has other activities too. They
say their partners in eastern Europe manufacture paper and film,
including developer and fixer, according Orwo recipes. The boxes have
no expiration date and there is a recommendation to keep the film
"cold".

Carlos
It is my understanding that the people you named bought master rolls of film
when VEB Filmfabrik Wolfen closed after re-unification.
The film could be ORWO NP22 that has been deep-frozen. Look at the process
time for D76, is it rather longer than for FP4?
They might have bought stock elsewhere, but they were selling old ORWO stock
when I last heard of them.
---
Rollei List
subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org