Rollei lenses adaption R&D
D***@dlr.de
2014-09-23 10:13:00 UTC

we recently had a discussion about the registration distance of the QBM lenses.
I got now additional confirmation from the former Rollei optical designer that it is 44,50 mm.
He recommends to keep lower than 1/100 mm accuracy for any adaption of QBM lenses, say to Canon EOS bajonett to maintain exact infinity focus.
Anyway, my adaption work and adjustment makes some progress, and I am optimistic, that after more 2 years of struggle due to the wrong 44,60 mm information from Wikipedia and other sites, I finally will obtain the excellent results with my Zeiss and Rolleinar Lenses on my full frame Kodak camera, which I expected from the beginning but did not reach so far.
So I will let finish the adapter to a thickness of 0,50 +0,000/-0,005 mm. And I am currently adjusting and calibrating the manual and autofocus system of the camera, which is also a hazzle, concerning you want a point sharp image with the 85/1,4 Planar at f 1,4.
One major problem is, that the lens has a focus shift depending on the aperture.

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt