Gordon Parks, Rolleiflex photographer
CarlosMFreaza
2014-04-01 11:29:32 UTC
"---Gordon Parks was one of the seminal figures of twentieth century
photography. A humanitarian with a deep commitment to social justice,
he left behind a body of work that documents many of the most
important aspects of American culture from the early 1940s up until
his death in 2006..." (from his biography)

There is a Gordon Parks portrait with his Rolleiflex on the left:
http://www.gordonparksfoundation.org/biography/

Some of Parks' work. Except for the first title, "Civil rights", you
can find several squares and cropped squares in each title; he also
used other cameras BTW:

http://www.gordonparksfoundation.org/archive/

Carlos
CarlosMFreaza

Carlos
John Jensen
2014-04-01 17:36:45 UTC
A couple of days ago mention was made of a Bay Area exhibit.  Here is more information from the San Francisco Chronicle.

John

http://www.sfchronicle.com/art/article/Exhibits-film-salute-enigmatic-photographer-5364898.php#/0

________________________________
"---Gordon Parks was one of the seminal figures of twentieth century
photography. A humanitarian with a deep commitment to social justice,
he left behind a body of work that documents many of the most
important aspects of American culture from the early 1940s up until
his death in 2006..." (from his biography)

There is a Gordon Parks portrait with his Rolleiflex on the left:
http://www.gordonparksfoundation.org/biography/

Some of Parks' work.  Except for the first title, "Civil rights", you
can find several squares and cropped squares in each title; he also
used other cameras BTW:

http://www.gordonparksfoundation.org/archive/

Carlos
---
Rollei List

- Post to ***@freelists.org

- Subscribe at rollei_list-***@freelists.org with 'subscribe'

John Jensen
2014-04-01 22:59:07 UTC
Sorry, Rollei people.  When I clicked on the link I find that to have access to the rest of the article you have to be a SF Chronicle subscriber.  My apologies.