Factory Tour
D***@dlr.de
2014-10-10 07:51:33 UTC
http://rolleiflex.us/blogs/news-tech-tips-updates/1552960
CarlosMFreaza
2014-10-10 09:16:53 UTC
Thanks for the links Dirk. I always find interesting the way the
Rollei collimator is the connection with the past, at least it looks
identical regarding the collimator used from the '50s.

Carlos
http://rolleiflex.us/blogs/news-tech-tips-updates/15529601-dhw-factory-tour-1
Dirk-Roger Schmitt
Bigler Emmanuel
2014-10-10 11:15:52 UTC
Post by CarlosMFreaza
Thanks for the links Dirk. I always find interesting the way the
Rollei collimator is the connection with the past, at least it looks
identical regarding the collimator used from the '50s. Carlos
Dirk Roger (thanks for the pointers to the photoscala article and the
Rollei-USA article on factory tour) organised a visit for me in 2006,
so we both know those collimators quite well, as well as the Famous
Red Brick Walls ;)

The legendary Rollei collimator, in 2006
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/274668642/in/set-72157594337167325

And the legendary Rollei brick walls at 196, Salzdahlumer Str.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/274670024/in/set-72157594337167325
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/274670025/in/set-72157594337167325
Emmanuel
CarlosMFreaza
2014-10-10 13:08:34 UTC
Post by Bigler Emmanuel
The legendary Rollei collimator, in 2006
And the legendary Rollei brick walls at 196, Salzdahlumer Str.
...and this is the Rollei factory in 1959, the Rollel collimator
appears in two photographs:

http://dobleobjetivo.blogspot.com.ar/2006_11_01_archive.html

Carlos
Kenneth Frazier
2014-10-10 13:55:15 UTC
Post by Bigler Emmanuel
The legendary Rollei collimator, in 2006
For those of us who may not be familiar with it…

Why is the Rollei collimator "legendary?"

thanks much,

Ken

----------------------------
Ken Frazier
***@mac.com
***@me.com
http://kennybod.wordpress.com
203-841-9630 Cell and text
Ferdi Stutterheim

Kenneth Frazier
2014-10-10 14:54:03 UTC
Post by Ferdi Stutterheim
Only because it is in all those pictures from every era. An old tool and still in use.
Thanks, Ferdi,

I googled a bit and found this….very helpful:

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/299425/album/409613

Ken

----------------------------
203-841-9630 Cell and text
Bigler Emmanuel
2014-10-13 09:15:44 UTC
Post by Bigler Emmanuel
The legendary Rollei collimator, in 2006
For those of us who may not be familiar with it& Why is the Rollei
collimator "legendary?" thanks much, Ken
And also because in Claus Prochnow's Rollei Report volume 2, there is
a picture with a nice lady operating this machine. On the picture, she
seems to be so happy to do the job, that many rolleiphiles dream of a
travel back in time to the fifties, enrolling for an internship at 196
Salzdahlume Str., with this lady as the instructor for precision
collimating ;-) ;-)

--
Emmanuel in France.

D***@dlr.de
2014-10-10 18:46:11 UTC
:-)

Dirk-Roger Schmitt

Thanks for the links Dirk. I always find interesting the way the
Rollei collimator is the connection with the past, at least it looks
identical regarding the collimator used from the '50s. Carlos
Dirk Roger (thanks for the pointers to the photoscala article and the Rollei-USA article on factory tour) organised a visit for me in 2006, so we both know those collimators quite well, as well as the Famous Red Brick Walls ;)

The legendary Rollei collimator, in 2006
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/274668642/in/set-72157594337167325

And the legendary Rollei brick walls at 196, Salzdahlumer Str.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/274670024/in/set-72157594337167325
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/274670025/in/set-72157594337167325
--
Emmanuel
---
Rollei List

- Post to ***@freelists.org

- Subscribe at rollei_list-***@freelists.org with 'subscribe'

D***@dlr.de
2014-10-10 18:43:44 UTC
I looks like they had some like 1000 autocollimators in the golden age, and until today some survived :-)

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt