DHW on Photokina
D***@dlr.de
2014-09-11 10:56:13 UTC
Hello,

it looks that DHW will not show-up on Photokina
Bigler Emmanuel
2014-09-11 11:31:52 UTC
Hello, it looks that DHW will not show-up on Photokina. Dirk
Yes, Dirk-Roger, unfortunately for those of us rolleiphiles going to
Cologne next week! However the Rollei brand will be there, but only as
products distributed by RCP-Technik.

The info regarding no DHW booth at the kina this year has been
confirmed to me by different sources (including the US Rollei-DHW
rep., Eric Hiss).

BTW, I'll attend this year's photokina,
http://www.photokina.com/en/photokina/home/index.php

I'll be there on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st, and of course will
report here about what I've seen. And of course if other rolleiphiles
reading this group have planned to attend the photokina next week on
Saturday 20 or and Sunday 21, I'll be delighted to meet them!

and [OFF-TOPIC]

Rollei-DWH will not be at the 2014 Photokina, but I've found an info
on photoscala.de regarding the rebirth of the brand Meyer Optik
Görlitz, for lenses made in Germany !

The photoscala article
http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/Meyer-Optik-Goerlitz-soll-wiederbelebt-werden

and the Meyer Optik Görlitz web site
http://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.de/

at the 2014 photokina : Halle 4.1 Stand I013 - J010

Emmanuel
Asmo Saarikoski
2014-09-11 17:13:47 UTC
Hello,

Yes. This note just showed up instead:

http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/DHW-Fototechnik-GmbH-hat-Antrag-auf-Insolvenz-gestellt

DHW seems to be in severe difficulties.

Asmo
Dirk
rocketmanpm .
2014-09-11 17:21:31 UTC
Quite sad. Can anyone remember a time when Rollei did not exhibit at
Photokina?
Hello,
Post by D***@dlr.de
Hello,
it looks that DHW will not show-up on Photokina.
Dirk
---
Rollei List
*This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of
this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or
forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted. *
Thor Legvold

CarlosMFreaza
2014-09-16 23:45:01 UTC
I was going to comment DHW is repairing in the Braunschweig's factory
several Rollei models made from 1965, including SL35 different models,
2.8F, 2000, 3001, 3003, Rollei 35, SL66, SL66 X, E and SE, 6000, GX,
FX, and the like, when I read the bad news. I found an explanation
about the current situation by Johannes Hartje, DHW Financial
Director, but I'm not optimist this time; anyway the market is plenty
of good Rollei products and it will be for decades yet.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/601243-post13.html

Carlos
Hello,
Jan Decher
Asmo
Marcus Kaufhold
2014-09-13 12:02:08 UTC
"Antrag auf Insolvenz" is basicly the same than a US-Chapter 11 - but it
is more serious.

Best from Germany

Marcus
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 19:30:18 +0200
Oh my. Again?
I wonder who will bail them out this time∑
Thor
Hello,
Asmo
rocketmanpm .
2014-09-13 16:39:26 UTC
Jan,

Agreed. A digital TLR and digital nostalgic Rollei 35 would both have been
feasible, technicall. Heresy? Perhaps; but a welcome addition to the
young masses of photographic artists. The "retro" energy is a strong and
profitable component in today's marketing.

Peter
D***@dlr.de
2014-09-13 18:30:49 UTC
Fully agreed!

dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt

Asmo
Sven Keller
2014-09-14 15:31:18 UTC
Rollei (whoever owned it at the time) has long lost its power to finance any significant developments, at least since Samsung pulled out.

And a modern version of the Rollei 35 already exists in the form of the Sony RX1 – so do you want DHW to compete with Sony?

No, this horse is long since dead.

Regards,

Sven Keller