Apology
Don Williams
2014-06-15 00:36:56 UTC
Sorry about the message below, completely off topic. I intended to
send it to a friend in The Netherlands but it got scrambled in my
composition. Very Sorry.

----------

Quick question,

In movies with foreign scenes in them, many of the cars are Mercedes
Benz. They must be less expensive there than here - replacement
parts cost several times what a similar part would cost for an
American car. I have spent, on my used 1998 SL500, in just 5 years,
more than I spent on 4 Corvettes over a 20-30 year time span. My
question is, do you know of anyone I can contact to see whether I can
get replacement parts for my cars, the 1998 SL500 and my wife's 1999 ML320?

Regards,

DAW
Moore, Oklahoma
Richard Knoppow
2014-06-15 01:01:40 UTC
[...]
However, are these cars just in the background or
featured? If featured they may be "product placements"
that is paid commercials. When Lassies mother has a box of
Wheaties on the breakfast table it didn't just happen to be
there. In the bad old days a lot of products in movies just
had fake labels, then they learned how to sell commercials.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
***@ix.netcom.com
Richard Urmonas
2014-06-15 12:14:43 UTC
I don't know about your specific models, but last time I owned a
Mercedes the parts were very cheap if I sourced them myself. This was
in Australia, so no reason the US should be more expensive (apart from
they can charge more).

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 18:01:40 -0700
Thor Legvold