Vivian Maier find
John Jensen
2014-03-11 18:29:02 UTC
10,000 negatives (?).

http://www.webburgr.com/vivian_maier/

JJ
rocketmanpm .
2014-03-11 18:33:08 UTC
John,

This hit the photography world out of left field. Glad you found this.
There is further information & a documentary film on YouTube. She proves,
yet again, that nothing beats shooting LOTS of images....

Peter
--
"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably
themselves will not be realized."

--Daniel Burnham

*This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of
this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or
forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted. *
John Jensen
2014-03-11 18:46:16 UTC
Two shots of her in the article with her Rollei.  In the second one (a 'selfie') you can see the open diaphragm.

John

________________________________
This hit the photography world out of left field.  Glad you found this.  There is further information & a documentary film on YouTube.  She proves, yet again, that nothing beats shooting LOTS of images....

Peter

On 11 March 2014 11:29, John Jensen <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

10,000 negatives (?).

David Sadowski
2014-03-11 19:22:30 UTC
Pretty sure I met her while working at camera stores.
m***@redwoodhorses.com
2014-03-16 00:10:46 UTC
Can you imagine taking 10,000 pictures and never seeing them developed? Is
it possible this is not all of her work?

Gary Winogrand was another street photographer who work the streets and
left 2500 rolls of undeveloped 35mm film which was developed after his
death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Winogrand

I photographed the streets of Manhattan during the middle 50's when I the
was of age 10 to 16 with my deceased father's Rollei. The negatives we
stolen from the darkroom I used at school by an upper grade student, and
shortly thereafter the camera was also stolen. I now use a Rollei SL-66 and
photograph western Landscapes in B+W.

Jonathan

Pretty sure I met her while working at camera stores.

Raid Amin

John Jensen
2014-03-26 03:24:43 UTC
More on Vivian Maier find:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/movies/a-documentary-looks-at-the-photographer-vivian-maier.html?action=click&module=Search&region=searchResults%230&version=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fquery.nytimes.com%2Fsearch%2Fsitesearch%2F%3Faction%3Dclick%26region%3DMasthead%26pgtype%3DHomepage%26module%3DSearchSubmit%26contentCollection%3DHomepage%26t%3Dqry205%23%2Fmaier&_r=0

________________________________

Bigler Emmanuel
2014-03-27 16:24:01 UTC
Hello from France,

Regarding Vivian Maier's images: is there anything new as of Spring,
2014, since this announcement was made by Dennis Purdy in Oct. 2009 on
this list?

http://www.freelists.org/post/rollei_list/Street-photography-with-an-old-Rolleiflex-Vivian-Maier

E.B.
John Jensen
2014-03-27 16:36:03 UTC
There was this New York Times article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/movies/a-documentary-looks-at-the-photographer-vivian-maier.html?action=click&module=Search&region=searchResults%230&version=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fquery.nytimes.com%2Fsearch%2Fsitesearch%2F%3Faction%3Dclick%26region%3DMasthead%26pgtype%3DHomepage%26module%3DSearchSubmit%26contentCollection%3DHomepage%26t%3Dqry205%23%2Fmaier&_r=0

John

________________________________
Regarding Vivian Maier's images: is there anything new as of Spring,
2014, since this announcement was made by Dennis Purdy  in Oct. 2009 on
this list?

http://www.freelists.org/post/rollei_list/Street-photography-with-an-old-Rolleiflex-Vivian-Maier

--
E.B.
---
Rollei List

- Post to ***@freelists.org

- Subscribe at rollei_list-***@freelists.org with 'subscribe'

Bigler Emmanuel
2014-03-27 16:51:59 UTC
Post by John Jensen
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/movies/a-documentary-looks-at-the-photographer-vivian-maier.html?action=click&module=Search&region=searchResults%230&version=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fquery.nytimes.com%2Fsearch%2Fsitesearch%2F%3Faction%3Dclick%26region%3DMasthead%26pgtype%3DHomepage%26module%3DSearchSubmit%26contentCollection%3DHomepage%26t%3Dqry205%23%2Fmaier&_r=0
John
Many thanks, John for this very interesting article raising many
questions directly addressing our continued use of the Rolleiflex TLR
for documenting our family life and ... all other on-going projects on
this list. Including street photography and self-portraits ;-)

I was just wondering whether new negatives or images had been recently
found.

Since 2009, when we could read on this blog
http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/
the following sentence by John Maloof:
" ... Out of the 30-40,000 negatives I have in the collection, about
10-15,000 negatives were still in rolls, undeveloped from the
1960's-1970's. I have been successfully developing these rolls. I still
have about 600 rolls yet to develop...."

... the actual number of negatives is now reaching 100,000, including
colour negs and many images taken with a 35 mm camera as well.

This makes a very impressive number of images for an amateur photographer !

E.B.
John Jensen
2014-03-27 17:29:16 UTC
Be sure to click on the link for the movie trailer.

John