Rollei body cap?
Glyn Duggan
2014-07-27 17:33:51 UTC
Hello

I bought an assortment of odds and ends from a dealer's oddments box
recently, with a view to offering them up on eBay in due course. Amongst
them was a Rollei cap that I assume is a body cap for a medium-format
SLR, though I could well be wrong. I'd be very grateful for help in
identifying exactly what the cap is.

Its overall diameter is just over 58 mm. The face has a textured
finish, with the Rollei name in raised smooth letters, and surrounded by
a smooth rim with serrated edge. The inner face is shiny and has the
word Singapore in small letters. The raised section with bayonet flanges
is a little over 46mm diameter. You can see images ( though not
especially good ones) at

Many thanks

Glyn
John Wild
2014-07-27 19:05:38 UTC
Hi Glyn,

Without actually being able to look closely, I am almost certain it is an SL66 series front body cap; a fairly rare commodity these days. The bayonet is smaller than for the 6000 series and it is also deeper because it fits into the inner bayonet mount in the SL66 camera - the one used for standard lens attachment. The larger, outer bayonet is for reverse mounting lenses.

John
Post by Glyn Duggan
Hello
I bought an assortment of odds and ends from a dealer's oddments box
recently, with a view to offering them up on eBay in due course. Amongst
them was a Rollei cap that I assume is a body cap for a medium-format
SLR, though I could well be wrong. I'd be very grateful for help in
identifying exactly what the cap is.
Its overall diameter is just over 58 mm. The face has a textured
finish, with the Rollei name in raised smooth letters, and surrounded by
a smooth rim with serrated edge. The inner face is shiny and has the
word Singapore in small letters. The raised section with bayonet flanges
is a little over 46mm diameter. You can see images ( though not
especially good ones) at
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93317897/P1000698.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wfdzmd8ztnp0ln/P1000700.JPG
Many thanks
Glyn
---
Rollei List
rocketmanpm .
2014-07-27 19:20:48 UTC
It's for the SLR 35mm Rolleis. The SL66 caps have smooth edges and are
larger than the reported 58mm.
Post by Glyn Duggan
[...]
*This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of
this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or
forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted. *
John Wild
2014-07-27 19:39:12 UTC
Thanks, I stand corrected!

It does look slightly different to my SL66 cap but not by much - I did not take in the measurement. I did mentally question my answer as I was typing it - why was it made in Singapore? MF cameras were made in Germany.

I will go to the back of the class for not reading the question properly ;-)

John

Post by Glyn Duggan
[...]
in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org<http://www.freelists.org/>
---