Preserving old images...
Jan Decher
2014-08-11 18:30:16 UTC
Dear Carlos et al.

The WDR (West German Broadcasting Service) has a "Digit" Project-Website where you can upload digitized analog slides, negatives and regular 8/super 8 movies. Others can contribute details to images where the original information is lost.
http://digit.wdr.de/ (sorry in German only)

It's a great way to preserve the many treasures in private slide and negative collections. Many towns also have historical societies or small museums that you can contribute your old pictures to if they show things of general interest. It's amazing how many open areas with meadows and farms areas I photographed in the 1970s are new being built up with housing developments.

Best,
Jan
rollei_list Digest Sun, 10 Aug 2014 Volume: 10 Issue: 104
[rollei_list] OT: Two Kodachrome '59 slides
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:35:08 -0300
Subject: [rollei_list] OT: Two Kodachrome '59 slides
I uploaded another two 1959 Kodachromes to my gallery at Flickr. All
these old Kodachromes were projected several times in the '60s and
'70s using a Kindermann projector from the '50s without fan and they
suffered the high temperature. At the middle of '70s my father bought
a brand new Paximat to see the same Kodachromes again and again
because he had abandoned photography from 1962 and I also used it to
watch my new Ektachromes and Agfa CT 18 (I never shot Kodachromes
because it was necessary to wait results for a long time and a local
lab started to make E-6). In other words, I think it's almost a
miracle I can see and share these few slides again after the
accumulated hours of projection and the decades they were forgotten in
a closet...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/14689241147/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/14864472581/
Carlos