B&W film developing NOW Agfa Wolfen Color Film
marvbej
2014-05-13 18:48:13 UTC
My local camera store in Forest Hills, Queens, imported some E.German stuff in the late ,50s--early  '60s. I used some Agfa Wolfen (not yet Orwo) Agfacolor UT 50 color reversal film. It wasn't too good and processing was slow because it had to be sent to Germany (West, oddly) but it was definately an Ossie product.
'

Sent from Samsung tabletJohn Jensen <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote:Eastman Kodak claims Kodacolor print film was introduced in 1942.  Post 1945 I am sure Kodak 'improved' its film based on Agfa technology.

John
2014-05-13 19:06:47 UTC
Post by marvbej
My local camera store in Forest Hills, Queens, imported some
E.German stuff in the late ,50s--early '60s. I used some Agfa
Wolfen (not yet Orwo) Agfacolor UT 50 color reversal film. It wasn't
too good and processing was slow because it had to be sent to
Germany (West, oddly) but it was definately an Ossie product.
I lived in The Netherlands in 1963 and eventually switched from
Ektachrome 64 to Agfachrome 64.

I liked the saturation better, but more important was the fact that I
could drop a roll in the mailbox in Leiden after work and receive the
processed transparencies at my home the next day. I believe they
were actually processed across the border and the European mail
system was (probably still is) a wonder.

My Ektachrome from those days is pink but the Agfa stuff is pretty good.

As I gradually moved from 2 1/4 to 35mm in later years I moved to
color negatives because the resolution had improved to just about
match transparencies and I could get processing at CostCo, complete
with a preview page and a CD.

DAW
Marvin